Thursday, March 24, 2011

Written by the same guy who wrote the flowery novels about life.

So Mitch Albom wrote this article called The Courage of Detroit. I immediately recognized his name as the author of those self-help and inspirational type books which my parents continually buy for me as if I'm in a quarter life crisis or something (which I am, but I don't want to read his books).

In any case, I tried looking past his name and giving this article a chance.

I think America, or at the very least I, consider Detroit to be like Britney Spears. Britney was in the depths of failure and has risen again, like a phoenix. And we were all routing for her, well at least I was. Thats how I think of Detroit. We are ready and supportive of their triumphant comeback.

The article was written in his usual chant-y type of you-can-overcome spirit that is always present in his writings.

I found it interesting how he used the phrase "and yet" which honestly reminds me alot of being back home in my Black Baptist church. The preacher would say that alot when he was all revved up (no pun intended)

Although the writing was still kind of flowery for my taste, I did want to keep reading. Overall I enjoyed it, which I'm surprised to say.


posted at 3:44pm 3/24

No comments:

Post a Comment